Seven Sisters Cliffs Weekender
Only 1.5 hours from London by train, this weekender will take you to a land of fresh air, epic landscapes and quirky seaside attractions. We'll be going to one of the most spectacular seascapes in Great Britain: the vertical drops surrounding Beachy Head and Seven Sisters, making for an extraordinary photography challenge. Utilising the expert skills of our landscape photography tutor, we'll also have a chance to photograph the quirky seaside town of Eastbourne. So join us for this epic clifftop weekender.
- Meet at Eastbourne station and head to our accommodation to drop bags.
- After a quick landscape photography lesson we'll jump into a taxi to the start of our walk.
- Take a stroll across the top of the iconic Seven Sisters cliffs.
- Stop along the way for lunch in a cliff-top cafe.
- Capture images of spectacular views of Beachy Head and Cuckmere Haven in the afternoon and evening light.
- Head back to our accommodation in Eastbourne to freshen up.
- Dinner and a review of the day's images in a cosy pub.
- Up at dawn to a different spot on the cliffs to capture the best of the light on the seven sisters.
- Back to the town for breakfast.
- After a light lunch and a short photography lesson we'll set off on a photographic scavenger hunt, taking in some of Eastbourne's charms.
- From the elegance of the Victorian pier and bandstand to the seaside-resort kitsch of amusement arcades and souvenir shops, we're sure to capture some great photos.
- Back to the station for our train home.
- Expert tuition and worksheets for the weekend.
- Road transport to the start and end of the walk.
- Carefully planned itinerary with Frui's guidance of the best areas to shoot from.
- Evening Photo feedback session.
We recommend staying at the following hotel on the Saturday night:
Hydro Hotel Eastbourne
Mount Rd, Eastbourne BN20 7HZ
We recommend the following train travel to Eastbourne from London:
(Rail timetables were not yet published at the time of writing, so the following times are based on the 2020 timetable)
Depart London Victoria 09:16, arrive Eastbourne 10:46
Return from Eastbourne. Dep 17:00, Arrive Paddington 18:31
Our tutor will pick you up and drop you back to the station. If you're coming from elsewhere, please give us a call and we'll make sure that the tutor is able to meet up with you.
There will be plenty of walking involved over this weekend on uneven terrain so bring walking shoes/boots and ensure you are at a suitable fitness level. Please contact us if you have any questions.
30 July – 1 August 2021 –
Northumberland Castles & Islands Weekender
Book now »
10 – 12 September 2021 –
Causeway Coastal Way Weekender
Book now »