Isle of Wight Rib Boat Shoot
Following on from the success of Frui’s last nautical outing to Cowes Week, we’re launching another fun day out on the water. From the picturesque village of Hamble, near Southampton, we’ll board a rigid inflatable speed boat and head into the Solent towards the Isle of Wight. Taking in wide seascapes, Portsmouth’s historic dockyard and the industrial background of Southampton Water – there’ll be a wide variety of subjects for our photographs. The day will finish with a feedback session in a cosy pub.
- Arrive at Southampton Parkway Station and travel by taxi to the marina, where you’ll be met and taken to the boat.
- After a safety briefing from the crew and a lesson from your tutor about how to make the most of the photographic opportunities, we will depart the dock at around 1pm on our trip around the Solent.
- Returning around 5pm, we’ll retire to the Seafarer's pub for drinks and feedback on the day’s images. Taxis will be waiting to return you to the station for the train home.
Tuition, water and light refreshments, lifejackets
What's not included
Transport to and from Southampton Parkway, Food and drink
What you will learn?
- The basics of ISO and shutter speed, and how to apply them in the challenging situation of a yacht.
- Different lenses and filters and how they affect your images
- How to tell stories with your images
- Have a go at sailing for those interested
The trip will be subject to good weather conditions for your comfort and safety, in the event of cancellation a full refund will be made.
B&B for Friday night- email for more information
30 July – 1 August 2021 –
Northumberland Castles & Islands Weekender
Book now »
10 – 12 September 2021 –
Causeway Coastal Way Weekender
Book now »