Frui Terms & Conditions
Frui Limited (“we” or “Frui”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.frui.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and all applicable laws and regulations relating to the processing of personal data and privacy, including the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (the “Data Protection Legislation”), the data controller of personal information which we hold about you is Frui Limited of Widegate Studios, 23 Widegate Street, London E1 7HX. You may contact the person responsible (the Company Secretary) by telephone on 0208 123 4559 or by email at email@example.com.
1. Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
1.1 Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by ﬁlling in booking forms on our website www.frui.co.uk (“our site”) through one of the companies offering vouchers for our courses or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a service, make a booking on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, request a brochure on our site, sign-up to our email newsletter and when you report problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, ﬁnancial and credit card information.
1.2 Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other services we currently provide or may provide in the future. In this case, we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share that data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors for technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
- When you contact us directly, e.g. by email, phone, post or by completing an online form we will record your comments and opinions. We will also record comments and opinions you express when responding to surveys, entering competitions or taking part in promotions we run.
2. Special category personal data
We may ask you to provide certain information relating to your health, including any medical conditions, to determine whether such health issues may affect any product or service in which you are interested in particular to ensure your safe enjoyment of any holiday or course which we offer.. We will only process such data where you have provided your explicit consent to us doing so.
3. Uses made of the information
3.1 We will use information you give to us:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we oﬀer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most eﬀective manner for you and for your computer, smartphone or tablet;
- to enable trusted external partners (including digital marketing agencies and social media platform operators) to identify relevant audiences for our marketing (please note that our trusted external partners may have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes).
- If we intend to use this information for any other purpose, we will let you know what we intend to do with such data and the legal basis we are relying on for pro such data. This may include obtaining your express consent.
3.2 We will use information we collect about you:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most eﬀective manner for you and for your computer, smartphone or tablet;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our eﬀorts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the eﬀectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- to enable trusted external partners (including digital marketing agencies and social media platform operators) to identify relevant audiences for our marketing (please note that our trusted external partners may have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes);
3.3 We may share non-personal aggregate statistics about visitors to this site and traﬃc patterns with other parties.
3.4 Information we receive from other sources will be combined with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
4. Marketing and Advertising
Our service is about providing you with the best holiday and course offers. When you sign up to our service, you recognise that we will contact you regularly with information about the offers we market. Most marketing messages we send will be by email but occasionally we may also contact you by post or phone. If you are using our website or app we may also send you push notifications if you accept to receive them. If you do not want to receive, or wish to reduce, marketing messages from us, you will be able to tell us by changing your marketing preferences in your account.
5. Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means any subsidiaries, any ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as deﬁned in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2016;
- selected third parties including business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you; analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you;
- trusted external partners (including digital marketing agencies and social media platform operators) to identify relevant audiences for our marketing activities. Please note that our external partners may have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to do so to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Frui Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. We will inform you if we need to disclose your personal data for such purpose.
6. Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be securely encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password conﬁdential. We ask you not to share any passwords with anyone.
7. How Long we keep your personal Information
Where we process registration data, we do this for as long as you are an active user of our sites and for a period of time after this. Where we process personal data for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests).
We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your data so that we can respect your request in future. This record will be kept for as long as we retain your personal data in accordance with this section.
Where we process personal data in connection with performing a contract or for a competition, we keep the data for 6 years from your last interaction with us. This includes any correspondence that you have had with our customer services team, so that we may resolve any complaints or claims that are made.
8. Your rights
Under the Data Protection Legislation:
- Where you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal data for any purpose, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time by contacting at firstname.lastname@example.org [or by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email that we send to you];
- You can ask us to rectify any inaccuracies in the personal information that we hold about you.
- You may have the right to request the erasure of personal information that we hold about you.
- You may have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for certain purposes, including for direct marketing purposes, for scientific or historical purposes or statistical purposes.
- You may have the right to restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- You may have the right to request a copy of your personal data from us in a commonly used and machine-readable format or that we transmit your personal data another data controller,
- You may have the right not to be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, which has legal or other significant effects on you.
You can exercise any of the above rights at any time by contacting us at Widegate Studios, 23 Widegate Street London E1 7HX email@example.com
9. Links to and from our site
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies you submit any personal data to these websites.
10. Access to information
The Data Protection Legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation. You may request details or a copy of the personal data that we hold about you by writing to us at Widegate Studios, 23 Widegate Street London E1 7HX.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
We may also use or allow third parties to serve cookies on our site that fall into one or more of the four categories above. For example, like many companies, we use Google Analytics to help us monitor our website traffic. We may also use third party cookies to help us with market research, revenue tracking, and to help us to improve site functionality.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
13. Changes to this Notice
We may update this privacy notice from time to time and so you should review this notice periodically. When we change this privacy notice in a material way, we will update the version number and date at the bottom of this privacy notice. Changes to this privacy notice are effective when they are posted on this page.
14. Notice to you
If we need to provide you with information about something, whether for legal, marketing or other business-related purposes, we will select what we believe is the best way to get in contact with you. We will usually do this through email or by placing a notice on our site. The fact that we may send notices to you will not stop you from being able to opt out of certain types of contact as described in this privacy notice.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information can be found at https://ico.org.uk.