A typical itinerary for Frui's Explorer Photography Holiday in Iceland:
Arrival in Reykjavik
- Arrive at Keflavik International Airport
- Optional stop at the world-renowned Blue Lagoon, a geothermal spa in a lava field.
- Check-in to hotel before enjoying an introduction to the holiday followed by a traditional evening meal at a local restaurant.
Flight to Akureyri- Lake Myvatn
- After breakfast we’ll be picked up and taken to Rekyavik domestic airport for a flight to the beautiful capital of North Iceland- Akureyri
- We'll have a chance to explore and photograph this charming town.
- From here we’ll travel East to the Myvatn area- our base for the next two nights.
- On the way we'll stop at the majestic Godafoss waterful- a dramatic subject for landscape photography
- Then it's on to check in to the hotel where we'll have dinner and look at the day's images.
- Later, if conditions are favourable, our guide will take us of a walking excursion in search of the mysterious Aurora Borealis.
Around Lake Myvatn
- Today will be spent exploring the weird and wonderful volcanic landscapes around Lake Myvatn
We'll see pseudo- craters at Skutustadir and a labyrinth of lava formations at Dimmuborgir
- Next it's onto Namaskard, where sulphur and steam rises from brightly coloured mud, Making for some truly otherworldy photographs.
- In the Krafla area we'll see the spectacular blue Viti crater lake
- To finish the day there will be a chance to relax in the beautiful surroundings and warm volcanic waters of the Myvatn nature baths (entrance not included)
- Back to the hotel for dinner. We'll be keeping an eye on the sky!
Akureyri to Hvammstangi
- Optional excursion: a one-hour snowshoeing tour will take us to a lava cave with a geothermal spring- used as a location in game of thrones! Then onto an underground bakery to sample geysir bread.
- Driving back past Akureyri, we pass an area famous for horse breeding where if we're lucky we'll be able to stop and photograph some Icelandic horses.
- As we drive along the North coast to Hvammstangi we'll make plenty of photo stops including at a traditional turf- roofed church.
- Then we arrive at the warmth of the hotel for dinner and a look at the day's images.
Reykolt, Hraunfossar and Rekyavik
- Today we make our way back to Reykjavik, exploring some of West Iceland's best spots along the way.
- We'll visit the tiny village of Reykolt.
- Photograph the beautiful waterfalls of Hraunfossar, where the water tumbles out of the lava, and Barnafoss.
- We'll arrive in Rekyavik in time for a short panoramic tour of the Capital's major sights.
- Delicious traditional dinner in an Icelandic restaurant, and a final presentation of the best images from the trip!
Reykjavik to airport
- Today we'll have a leisurely breakfast (depending on flight times) before being picked upo by the 'Flybus' and taken to the airport.
22 – 27 Mar 2018 Book Now
“Young, cool, funny and enthusiastic organisers”