A typical itinerary for our Painting Holiday in Sardinia:
Highlights include: Arrive in Cagliari, check into hotel in Nebida, aperitif and dinner
- After a warm welcome at Cagliari airport we transfer across the beautiful southern Sardinian landscape to our hotel in Nebida.
- On route we'll visit S’Ortu Mannu, a national park of ancient olive trees and rugged landscape.
- Arriving at the hotel it's time to freshen up or have a dip in the pool before an early evening aperitif.
- Playful introductory sunset drawing class followed by a welcoming dinner of traditional Sardinian dishes.
Highlights include: Sketching in Iglesias, local lunch, golden hour landscape painting along the Masua coastline, beach aperitif
- This morning we head to the old town of Iglesias for a drawing class surrounded by the cobbled alleys and ancient buildings.
- Time for lunch at a local medieval restaurant famed for its seafood.
- Afternoon siesta and one-on-one tutorials are followed by landscape painting along the Masua coastline where we’ll capture the changing colours of the impressive Pan di Zucchero, or sugar loaf mountain, which sits off shore during the golden hour.
- It’s then time for an evening aperitif on the beach before dinner at our hotel and a look at the day’s drawings and paintings.
Highlights include: Ravioli making, visit to a cheese maker on a local farm, art afternoon at Porto Flavia mines and transfer to costal Calasetta
- This morning we are taught how to make traditional Sardinian ravioli as well as learn about local cheese making on a farm.
- Following this we will take part in a still life class before devouring our subjects for lunch!
- This afternoon we'll have a painting and drawing workshop at the spectacular old mine of Porto Flavia which teeters on the edge of a cliff overlooking the Mediterranean Sea.
- As the sun starts to set we transfer to the beautiful coastal town of Calasetta, a quintessentially mediterranean town with white and blue fishermen houses.
- After checking in to our new hotel it’s a short stroll through the old town to dinner at a beachside restaurant. After watching the silky sunset we'll then look have a look at the day's pictures.
Highlights include: Morning painting workshop around Calasetta, afternoon ferry to the remote island of Carloforte, sunset painting at an imposing lighthouse and an unforgettable alfresco dinner!
- After breakfast we spend the morning exploring Calasetta with our canvases.
- Practicing our brushwork all morning will build up a suitable appetite for lunch a a charming restaurant.
- Mid afternoon and it’s all aboard the local ferry for a short ride to Carloforte, a nearby island full of old-world charm.
- Here we’ll spend the rest of the afternoon sketching and painting the old town before being picked up by the island’s lighthouse keeper for an exclusive tour of his lighthouse.
- As the sun sets over the sea we'll be presented with some stunning vistas, all the while our friends will be preparing a special alfresco dinner in the landscape around the lighthouse.
- After feasting on an array of local produce we’ll catch the last ferry back to Calasetta.
Highlights include: The abandoned town of Tratalias, the city of Cagliari and evening aperitif overlooking the city
- This morning we leave the peninsula of Sant'Antioco and transfer to the abandoned city of Tratalias. Here we will spend the morning painting a town layered with history and make some speed-portraits of the last remaining locals.
- After lunch in the town we transfer to the city of Cagliari.
- As late afternoon draws in we'll walk up through the town to a viewpoint, where we can paint the assorted colours of the city at sunset accompanied by an aperitif, of course! Dinner follows at a nearby restaurant and a look at the day’s masterpieces.
Highlights include: Painting in Cagliari, painting the flamingos and a farewell feast
- After breakfast we set ourselves up in the centre of Cagliari to paint the hustle and bustle of the city.
- Lunch will be at a local restaurant and followed by some final one-on-one tutorials.
- As late afternoon draws in we visit the wild flamingos – a unique sight you don’t expect to see in the Med! Here we’ll be able to paint these beautiful birds at sunset as they paddle, take flight and nurture their young.
- Following this an aperitif awaits us on the beach, a wonderful farewell dinner and a look at the best pictures from our time in Sardinia.
Today’s itinerary depends on flight times
Please note: This itinerary is subject to change depending on weather conditions and unexpected delays. We ask that you put your faith in the experience of our guides and tutors, who occasionally choose to slightly alter the program to ensure you have the best possible experience.
23 – 29 May 2018 Book Now
“I go home feeling empowered and like I have genuinely learnt something.”