Quarantine Course - Get to know your camera - live online.
Perfect for beginners or those that could do with a recap of the fundamental camera skills, this live group course will get you confident with your settings and putting your skills into practice on whatever subjects you have to hand! With a focus on recreating the social experience of our physical workshops as closely as possible, this course will use free videoconference software for group interaction and live feedback on your photos!
How does it work?
- After booking the course, you'll receive an email explaining how to install the Zoom app on your computer (if you don't have it already!), and receive a meeting code so that you can join the online course.
- When you join the meeting, you’ll be greeted by your tutor and introduced to the rest of the group.
- This section will cover exposure and the principals of shutter speed, ISO and aperture.
- Have a cup of tea or coffee ready and your camera to hand; your tutor will take you through the key settings on a camera and be there to help you find them on your own model.
- You’ll have the chance to experiment on subjects around the house, and there’ll always be the tutor online to offer you help and advice.
- We'll then take a break to download the pictures. You can send some to the tutor, who will pick out the best ones to show to the group!
What you'll learn in this 2-hour live online course.
- The rules of composition
- All about exposure – ISO, shutter speed and aperture
- Focal range and depth of field
- Quick and easy techniques that will instantly transform your photographs
- About your own camera and how to use it properly
Included in this 2-hour live online course.
- 2 hours online with one of Frui's experienced photography tutors
- A specially designed PDF handout
- Be social with like minded creatives!