What happens at this full day workshop:
- Designed to build on your previous knowledge and reinforce the perceptual skills of drawing. To improve your observation of line and tone– and further your understanding of the artist’s way of seeing.
- More in depth concepts of negative space and different techniques to achieve accurate proportions and scale, and to understand ‘foreshortening’ and how to render it in your drawing.
- The perception of confidently seeing and identifying tonal values. We’ll give the studies we’ve drawn dramatic depth and form, using a range of tonal techniques including cross-hatching, contour shading and solid shading.
- Working on coloured paper we’ll experiment with new materials – heightening the studies with white pencil and graphite.
- A quick introduction into portraiture, creating a study of one of the many marble busts in the museum.