Jack In The Green Weekender** Please check accommodation before booking as many options are now booked up!**
This annual festival is the perfect time for a photogaphy trip to the seaside town of Hastings, as the streets are filled with music and elaborate green costumes. On this bank holiday weekend break we'll explore the charms of the town and capture the festival atmosphere through cameras, before diving into the madness of the procession on Monday.
- On Saturday you make your way to Hastings, where you will check in to the hotel and meet up with your tutors to discuss the itinerary for the weekend ahead.
- After a quick introduction to some camera settings, we'll head out for a seascape photography session in the evening light.
Dinner and a few drinks in a local pub, with the option to see one of the folk concerts put on as part of the festival.
- After a hearty breakfast at the hotel we'll head out to photograph the largest beach-launched fishing fleet in Europe. It's a Sunday, but if we're lucky we may see some of the boats being hauled ashore with their catch.
- Lunch in town and a photography lesson on documentary photography
- Explore the town, photographing the morris dancing, drum-offs and general merriment of the festival.
- Head back to the hotel for a rest
- Meet up in the evening for dinner and a look at the days images before heading to a lively pub to soak up the festival spirit.
- Breakfast and a briefing about the best way to photograph the parade.
- Head to the fisherman's museum to shoot the build-up to the procession.
- Take up our positions along the route to photograph the parade in full swing.
- Break for lunch
- Walk up to the stage at the foot of the castle to witness the culmination of the festival: the slaying of the Jack.
- Say our goodbyes and catch the Train back to London.
- Crafted itinerary of stunning locations and great restaurants
- Tuition and worksheets for the event
- Feedback session on the Sunday evening
- As always with Frui, your tutors will organise everything and cater for your every need
AccommodationGuests are responsible for booking their accommodation in Hastings. We recommend The Old Town Guest House www.oldtownguesthouse.co.uk
Please not accommodation gets very booked up for the festival so we advise booking as far in advance as possible.
TravelWe recommed the following trains:
Saturday 5th May: London Charing Cross to Hastings. Departing 13:45 Arriving 15:19
Monday 7th May: Hastings to London Charing Cross. Departing 17:19 Arriving 19:08