Seascapes and yachting photography
Following on from the success of
Frui’s previous photographic excursions afloat, we’re launching another fun
day water- based photography. From the picturesque village of Hamble, near
Southampton, we’ll board a J109 sailing yacht and head into the Solent
towards the Isle of Wight. Taking in wide seascapes, Portsmouth’s
historic dockyard and the industrial background of Southampton Water –
there’ll be a wide variety of subjects for our photographs. The day will
finish with a feedback session in a cosy pub.
- Arrive at Southampton Parkway Station and travel by taxi to the marina, where you’ll be met and taken to the boat.
- After a safety briefing from the crew and a lesson from your tutor
about how to make the most of the photographic opportunities, we will
depart the dock at around 1pm on our trip around the Solent.
- Returning around 5pm, we’ll retire to the Seafarer's pub for drinks
and feedback on the day’s images. Taxis will be waiting to return you
to the station for the train home.
- Our own yacht and skipper for the day
- Specially designed worksheets
- Water and light refreshments
What's not included
Transport to and from Southampton Parkway, Food and drink
What you will learn?
- The basics of ISO and shutter speed, and how they differ from dry land shooting in the challenging situation of a yacht
- Inspiration and ideas for photographing in this context
- Lenses and filters and how they affect your images
- How to tell stories with your images
- Have a go at sailing for those interested
The trip will be subject to good weather conditions for
your comfort and safety, in the event of cancellation a full refund
will be made.
B&B for Friday night- email for more information
28 September 2019 –
Beginners urban pen and wash lesson
Book now »
12 October 2019 –
Beginners landscape painting
Book now »