Outdoor flash photography
Join Frui as we embark on a day of flash photography on the streets of London.
A flashgun is a powerful tool: used badly it can ruin your images, but in the right hands it opens a whole world of creative possibilities.
Guided by one of Frui's grandmasters of flash, you’ll focus on different ways to use off-camera flash with radio triggers, with a variety of settings, people and subjects.
As the light changes from dusk to night time, we'll explore how to use our flash to the best effect.
- Meet in Soho at 6:30 pm
- Sit down in a bar for a drink and initial group introduction
- An introduction to the theory of flash, including how to use manual modes to balance the power of the flash with the ambient light
- Working in pairs, we'll go through some demonstrations and excercises to help you understand how to angle the light, and the different effects that can be produced
- An introduction to 'light modifiers'- attachments for the flashgun that change the quality of it's output
- A series of photographic challenges to encourage you to experiment and put into practice the techniques
the sun sets we'll learn to produce colourful shots that combine the
light of the flash with the streetlights and neon signs of Soho.
- Finish at 10:30pm, and go home with some fantastic flash shots to call your own!
- All photography tuition
- Central London location
- Your camera equipment. Radio triggers and a flashgun will be required for this course. (Yongnuo make fairly reliable and very cheap flash triggers. A set of Yongnuo RF-603Cii should do the trick. Just make sure you get the right version for the brand of your camera)
- Food and drink
There are currently no dates available. Please check back soon.
“Young, cool, funny and enthusiastic organisers”